Gold has been selling off sharply recently..Investors have been reacting to a number of factors which include the following:
- The easing of tensions with respect to the Russia/Ukraine crisis – the so-called “Putin factor”.
- Continued strength in U.S. equity markets
- The economic slowdown in China and increased tariffs on imported gold in India have reduced physical gold demand
- The U.S. dollar has been firmer recently, which is generally a bearish sign for gold and other commodities
- Reduced fiscal and monetary policy uncertainty in the U.S.
The recent weakness in gold price is inconsistent with these looser monetary conditions in the U.S. and potentially in the Eurozone.
Source Financial Sense
Looking for a secure way to buy physical gold and silver?
GoldMoney company offers you 6 months of FREE storage if you sign-up and buy physical metals via www.goldreference.org. Simply choose “GoldReference.org” from the dropdown list, or manually write goldreference, when you open a Holding at GoldMoney. See also our page How To Buy Gold & Silver Online.